Tuesday 24 September 2013

Preliminary Task Evaluation - 24th September


Evaluation - 24th September

When I began making my magazine for the preliminary task I thought about a suitable colour scheme and also suitable fonts and titles. I gave my magazine the name of Haydon News as I thought this puts across clearly to the audience what the magazine is about and who the magazine is aimed at. Furthermore I used a bold font for the title and had the letters in a black and uppercase font. This made it stand out clearly to the audience so they could clearly see the name of the magazine. I also made sure that the name of the magazine was the biggest text on the page so that it catches the buyer’s attention and will make them want to buy the magazine. I did not only make sure that it was just the name of my magazine that was clear to read but I made sure that the other text on the front cover was of suitable fonts and colours to make it appeal to the audience. I placed the cell lines around the edge of the magazine so that the image is clearly in the middle of the page and catches the reader’s attention and makes them want to carry on reading the magazine. When I was thinking about the image I wanted to use for the front cover of my magazine I thought about the purpose and target audience for the magazine and then decided on the image I used for my front cover. I thought this was a suitable image choice as it is a close up image which is more suitable than a long distance shot for the front cover. Also the image being of a Haydon students makes it become clear to the audience that the magazine is aimed at Haydon pupils. I also included the price of the magazine on the front cover to allow the buyer’s to see how much the magazine costs. However once I had created my preliminary task I realised had not included some of the main features that are on a magazine such as the barcode and date, however I know for the next task that I need to include these.

 When creating my contents page I used the same font for the heading as what I used for the name of the magazine on the front cover. I used to the same font to keep it too the same style so that it doesn’t look like two different magazines. I kept the background white for my contents age as I thought that this would be the most suitable colour as it would make the text and images stand out and the purpose of the contents page is to find out what is in the magazine. When creating the text for what is included in the magazine I made this a suitable font which is clear and easy to read so that the readers do not get distracted. Also if I had used an unclear font for the contents page, the audience would not want to read the magazine as they would not know what is included inside. When I was creating this I thought about the target audience being Haydon students and this helped me to decide what images would be best to use on my contents page. I then decided that it would be a good idea to use a range of different images. I choose to use an image of a student, and then two of the most recent images of the school to give the pupils an idea of what is happening at the school.

To make the magazine I created better I would have added more detail and added more of the key features of a magazine such as the barcode. I also would have shown more skills of using the software to make my work look more appealing and more professional. I also would have used a wider range of camera shots and camera angles to make it more interesting for the audience to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment