Tuesday 15 October 2013

Production Log - 15/10/13

Production Log - 15th October 2013

In the past few weeks of media I have created a mood board. By creating this it enabled me to gain more knowlegde about teenagers and the typical things that they are interested in. It also gave me a wider idea of the sort of things which I could include in my magazine and will help me decide what to include in my magazine. As well as gaining knowledge it will also help me to be able to design a more interesting and appealing magazine. In my moodboard I included images such as make-up, nail varnish and fashion as these are some of the main things which teenage girls are into. I also included other images such as sweets, shops and other things such as phones and music.

I have also learn't about the codes and conventions of a music magazine. This included writing about the codes and conventions of a contents page and double page spread. I also learn't about the codes and conventions of a front cover and I uploaded all my work onto by blog by using scribd. By learning about the codes and conventions of a music magazine this has allowed me to see what I need to include in my magazine to make it look as professional and appealing as possible.

Once I had learnt about the typical codes and conventions I then went on to do an analysis of 3 front covers of pop music magazines and 3 contents pages. When analysising the front covers I made sure  I put a lot a lot of detail into my analysis. This included writing about the masthead, selllines, images and how the codes and conventions are incorperated into the magazine. I also went into detail about the colours used and how the front cover had been designed to appeal to the target audience. When analysing the contents pages I made sure to write about how they had made the magazine appealing to the target audience by the language they had used and colour schemes. I also analysied the images that had been used and the different sections of the magazine. By doing this analysis it has helped me gain more knowledge on how I should make my magazine and what I shoukld include to make it appeal to teenage girls and make it suitable for the theme of pop.

The most recent thing I have done is come up with a variety of masthead names. I come up with a variety of names which I thought may be suitable for my magazine. However when I came to look back on these names I saw that some of them may not be suitable for my magazine. This is because I thought that names such as 'pop' would be too boring for my magazine and it would not make people want to buy the magazine. Therefore I expanded on this and came up with more complex names such as 'simply pop' and 'love pop'. I decided to make all my masthead ideas relate to the theme of pop music and I made sure that they would appeal to the target audience of teenage girls. Once I had come up with a wide variety of names I decided to create some of them in photoshop. This gave me an idea of different fonts which I could use and the different colours which would allow it to appeal to my target audience. Seen as my magazine is going to be a pop magazine I did not use fonts which could be related to other genres such as rock by using gothic type fonts. I decided that it would be best to use girly colours such as pinks, purples, and light blues as these would appeal to girl. Furthermore I thought that black would be a good colour to use as it makes the masthead stand out against the background colour and would make it catch the readers eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment