Thursday 7 November 2013

Production Log – 7th November 2013

Production Log – 7th November 2013

In the past few lessons on media I have carried on working through the research tasks. I firstly worked on the representation of pop artists and how they want to present themselves for the audience. I focused on the artists that would be similar to the ones I am featuring in my magazine such as Justin Bieber and Jessie J where both have a teenage fan base. When doing this I found that the pop genre has become more popular and the artists focus mainly on representing themselves so that the audience/fans would be interested and attracted to how they look. My first example as Justin Bieber I found that he likes to represent himself in a way which teenage girls would find appealing. This includes the way he dresses. I also found when researching about Jessie J that she represents herself in a very girly way which would be appealing for the audience. She also represents herself in a stylish way which would allow the girls to be inspired by her fashion and copy the way she dresses. By doing this task it will help me when I come to do my photo-shoot for my magazine. This is because it will help me to decide how to style my models including fashion, hair and makeup as well as the way I should position them in front of the camera to make the audience interested in the artists and want to read the magazine.

The most recent thing I have worked on is the new media topic for the research of my coursework. This task required me to look at the different types of media and social networks sites such as Facebook and twitter. I focussed on the social networking sites, imaging sites, sound and phone apps. I choose the apps / webpages that I did because these are very popular and would help me to gain popularity for my magazine. I also decided that these websites allow people to keep in touch with all the latest news from the magazine which would be a good promotion method for my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment